BEYOND. The European Network for Religious Progressives
- Pan-European, beyond all national borders.
- Interreligious-spiritual, beyond all institutional borders.
- Radically inclusive, for the common good, for peace.
BEYOND. Invites all those who understand their faith as being progressive to join us in building a Europe from the bottom up in which we want to live and where our dream becomes reality:
- A Europe which is the world’s model for the rule of law, the balance of powers and human rights!
- A Europe which offers the 446 million E.U. inhabitants a body politic, as an alternative to the U.S. and China, in which people can live without fear in a strong welfare state.
- A Europe that is a beacon for an ecologically sustainable economy!
BEYOND. Bringing together the common good, Europe and dialogue between religions and cultures
1. BEYOND. – Who We Are.
We are a group of progressive people of diverse religious and spiritual persuasions. We share the conviction that we are called upon to strive for peace amongst people of differing religions, affiliations, and identities, and model this peace for the world.
We believe in the intrinsic value of all human beings in their immense diversity, and we believe that they should be able to live together in mutual enrichment and respect.
This conviction can help lead the way toward creating a European value system in a confusing world where people are increasingly being pitted against each other instead of seeking ways to live together in harmony.
2. BEYOND. – What is Important to Us.
We are united in our common progressive outlook as well as through our respective religious affiliations. In other words: We are radically inclusive and human rights oriented and standing in solidarity with others, we transcend the boundaries of our affiliations – in short BEYOND.
For us, progressivity means in particular:
that people can live together in a community that is built on the principles of solidarity, common welfare, and social justice
unequivocal equal rights for Queer people as well as equal respect for people of all genders, by which we specifically mean more than two genders!